Get the FLASH PLAYER to view this magazine:

Get Adobe Flash player

- or -

View as HTML version

www.psi-network.de PSI Journal 6/2016 g tal p t g s ca ed out acco d g to t e latest sta da ds. introduced. This brought a higher turnover for the young company and an expanded business activity. From 1880 a total of fifteen warrants of appointment were acquired, which further enhanced the reputation of the company. The founder Josef Meyer died in 1884. His 22-year-old son Rudolf Meyer took over company management together with his brother Cäsar. In 1906 a second extension was built to house other machines, in particular bleaching runners, dyeing machines, washing drums, centrifuges and the like. Two years later, the company added its own joinery and metalworking shop. After the death of his brother (1909), Dr. Rudolf Meyer became the sole owner of the company. A significant technological advancement followed in 1911 with the beginning of flag printing using the chemical vapour pressure method with hand printing moulds. After the First World War, at the peak of inflation (1923), the company was granted off ficial approval to issue its own factory money, so-called pay cheques. When the cur- rency stabilized in 1924, the company built its own flag cloth weaving mill with 100 looms in Bonn-Beuel. In November 1928, the factory premises had become too small and the main plant was relocated to an extended building at Rheindorferstraße 224. Other modernisation measures in the following year included the introduction of the film printing method. DEVELOPMENT AFTER 1945 After the interruption due to the Second World War, the main plant was rebuilt in 1946. This year also saw the start of flag production. Things were looking up again. In 1955 an enlarged operation required modern saw-tooth factory buildings for bleaching, dyeing and laundry facilities to relieve other rooms. The early 1960s saw the automation of screen-printing. As Bonner Fahnenfabrik, the company developed a great reputation as a manufacturing specialist in the following decades. 1998 saw a next remarkable step: the automation of screen production with a facility from Lüscher, a manufacturer of precision machinery. Ex- Jean-Bernard Doublet has managed the company since 2012. posure of the screens using special machines from CST GmbH since 2006 refined the production even further. Prior to this (2002), however, digital printing was added to the production to complement screen printing. The next big turning point took place in November 2011 when Bonner Fahnenfabrik became insolvent. In April 2012, however, the tradition-steeped company was taken over by Doublet. Since then the company has been called BOFA – Doublet GmbH and is headed by Jean-Bernard Doublet. NEW IMPETUS WITH DOUBLET After having been restricted to banners and flags and, in recent years, to slightly modified products such as beach flags, tablecloths, interior deco banners and roll-ups, the product range of the former company Bonner Fahnenfabrik changed rapidly once it became a member of the Doublet group of companies. Headquartered in Avelin, France, Doublet not only has a large digital printing section, but also has its own metal and aluminium processing facility. 61

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27
Page 28
Page 29
Page 30
Page 31
Page 32
Page 33
Page 34
Page 35
Page 36
Page 37
Page 38
Page 39
Page 40
Page 41
Page 42
Page 43
Page 44
Page 45
Page 46
Page 47
Page 48
Page 49
Page 50
Page 51
Page 52
Page 53
Page 54
Page 55
Page 56
Page 57
Page 58
Page 59
Page 60
Page 61
Page 62
Page 63
Page 64
Page 65
Page 66
Page 67
Page 68
Page 69
Page 70
Page 71
Page 72
Page 73
Page 74
Page 75
Page 76
Page 77
Page 78
Page 79
Page 80
Page 81
Page 82
Page 83
Page 84
Page 85
Page 86
Page 87
Page 88
Page 89
Page 90
Page 91
Page 92